Bar Code Scanning
Our bar code scanner interface for CNCs provides an error free method of communicating production data to a CNC asset. Such an interface can be used to communicate various production data to the CNC controller, including:
- Part Code
- Batch Number
- Batch Size
This information can be populated into macro variables on the CNC controller and used for a variety of functions such as:
- Part Programme Selection: Part programmes, which reside in CNC memory, can be selected based on the information contained in the CNC macro variables.
- Component Variant Selection
- Direct Part Marking: Information contained in the macro variables, such as part code or batch number, can be marked directly onto parts within the machining process rather than necessitating an external marking process.
- 2D Bar Coding: 2D bar codes can be generated and marked directly onto parts, within the machining process, rather than requiring an external marking process.
- DNC: Secure downloading of validated part programmes from a central server.
- MTConnect / OEE: “Binding” CNC status information with part codes or batch numbers, reflecting the true cost of component production